WANT TO JOIN OUR CREW?
Whether you are looking for a fun, busy seasonal job in tourism, a foot in the door to become a guide or work in our year round retail shop - The Whale Centre offers inspiring opportunities to friendly, passionate individuals. The Whale Centre is a great place to work in Tofino!
Staff accommodation is available.
A list of our current opportunities can be found below. If you wish to be part of our crew please review the position and follow the instructions on how to apply.
If you wish to submit a general application for a future opportunity with us, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Schedule: Full Time/40 Hours a Week
The Whale Centre, a Tofino based whale watching company is seeking motivated and customer-focused office staff. Applicant should have tourism experience, with knowledge of local wildlife and the Tofino area. Candidate must be a team player, creative and enthusiastic about expanding the business.
- Check in and departure of whale watching, bear watching and hot springs tours
- Answer phones/make online and walk in bookings
- Promotion and sales of tours (must be knowledgeable about tours, vessels, pricing, etc)
- Accurately and efficiently manage cash and credit card transactions
- Training new employees
- Resolving any guest issues
- Reporting to the Director of Operations
Required skills and Knowledge:
- Proven ability to excel in a sales environment
- Solid customer service experience skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Previous tourism experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Must be excellent at multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Must be available to work weekends, some evenings and holidays
- Basic knowledge of marine wildlife
- Team oriented skills
- Radio Operators Certificate Marine (ROC-M)
To apply for this job please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attention Jennifer.