TOFINO WHALE WATCHING TOURS
Tofino has a long whale watching season, running from March through October. It starts with a mind boggling 20,000 Grey Whales swimming past our shores in spring on their annual migration from birthing waters by the Baja Peninsula north to the Bering Strait by Alaska. Some of these massive mammals stay in our waters for the summer, giving ample opportunities for viewing. We also see Killer Whales and Humpback Whales feeding and playing in Clayoquot Sound.
Tofino Whale Watching connects you with the west coast elements, wildlife and nature. You will be fully equipped for an adventure in red floaters suits to keep you warm and safe on board our Open Boston Whaler vessels. Enjoy the views of rugged coastline, whales, marine wildlife and so much more. We venture to common feeding areas near Long Beach, Vargas Island and Flores Island to view cetaceans in their natural habitat. You will also see sea lions, sea otters, bald eagles, seals and more. Ask us what whales we are seeing when you book your tour!
We GUARANTEE SIGHTINGS, read HERE for more on our policy.
Our open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels are excellent for viewing and photographing wildlife. With twin high horsepower engines you are ensured a safe and exhilarating ride through the waters off Tofino. The driver is located in the centre of the boat to ensure they can communicate with guests. This tour is available March to October.
WHALE WATCHING RATES
Infants (0 - 3) - FREE
TOFINO WHALE WATCHING
Whale Watching Tour Details:
- Grey Whales highlight our Whale Watching Tours. We see them March to October.
- We see Humpback Whales and Killer Whales on our whale watching tours too!
- Humpback Whales are in Clayoquot Sound May - September, depending on where their food sources go.
- Killer Whales are a wild card! They will randomly show up. We see Transient Killer Whales in our waters year round.
- Fully guided whale watching and wildlife viewing tour (2.5 - 3 hours).
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skippers to answer all your questions.
- Departure times are 10:30 am, 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- We use open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels with twin high horsepower engines.
- You are provided with protective Mustang floatation suits, gloves and toques.
- This tour travels through both protected and open coast marine waters in Clayoquot Sound.
- We follow the Whale Wise Viewing Guidelines to protect marine mammals.
What to bring on Whale Watching Tours:
- We recommend that you dress warmly. Layers are best.
- Long pants, a warm sweater, hat and something to keep your neck warm. We have toques and gloves for you to use if you forget yours!
- Enclosed shoes are recommended to wear on all tours.
- Bring your sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, video, binoculars and your sense of adventure!
- We will supply you with a full body Mustang survival suit to wear over your clothing. These suits will keep you warm, but they are not waterproof.
- Each passenger will be provided with an adult Mustang Floater Suit to wear on the vessel.
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- This trip may not be suitable for women who are pregnant or people with serious back or neck problems.
- Check in time is 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office at 411 Campbell Street.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $1 will be added to each fare in support of Strawberry Isle Marine Reseach Society.
- Add 5% GST tax to all tours.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge (currently $5.00).
- Multi-tour discounts available.
- Group rates available for 6 or more.
- Online bookings must be made 24 hours in advance, if you would like to book a tour in the next 24 hours please call our office (250)725-2132.
- Prices are subject to change.
We recommend advance reservations on all our tours. Call 250-725-2132.