TOFINO HOT SPRINGS TOURS
Float in nature's hot tub! Natural geothermal Hot Springs are situated in the Maquinna Provincial Park, 27 nautical miles north of Tofino. Travel by boat to Hot Springs Cove or ask about our sea-to-sky trip. Once you arrive at the Hot Springs dock, walk the 1.5 km boardwalk trail through old growth forest. The walk in is half the fun, the trees are so beautiful and the path is a cedar boardwalk with carved out ship names and messages from previous guests. At the Hot Springs, you have two hours to soak your worries away in the succession of pools, which cool down as they cascade toward the ocean from the waterfall. Enjoy the Pacific Ocean views and the crash of the waves as you relax in the Hot Springs pools. Bring your picnic!
The Tofino Hot Springs Tour includes soaking in the Hot Springs, walking through the rainforest on a cedar boardwalk, viewing marine wildlife and a scenic boat ride through Clayoquot Sound. This tour should be on your Tofino Must do List!
Please note: Guests have been known to have the best night's sleep after a day at Hot Springs Cove!
A 30 foot deluxe custom built covered cabin cruiser with extra wide padded seats, a heater, state of the art navigational equipment and an extra large stern viewing deck to spot wildlife.
Our open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels are excellent for viewing and photographing wildlife. With twin high horsepower engines you are ensured a safe and exhilarating ride through the waters off Tofino. The driver is located in the centre of the boat to ensure they can communicate with guests.
HOT SPRINGS RATES
Adults - $134
Students/seniors - $124
Children (4 - 13) - $95
Infants (0-3) - FREE
11:00 am daily
Summer Departure Times
9:00 am & 12:00 pm daily
TOFINO HOT SPRINGS TOUR
Our Hot Springs Tours are offered year round (weather permitting) from Tofino, British Columbia. Most Hot Springs departures are scheduled aboard our heated cabin style vessel the Hootla Kootla, but open Boston Whaler boats are available upon request.
Be prepared for some walking! The Hot Springs are accessed via a boardwalk that winds through an incredible rainforest for just under 2 km (1.2 mi) or allow 30 - 40 minutes. There are some stairs but the boards of the walkway are carved with the names of ships that have visited the park, making for an entertaining walk. When you arrive at the Hot Springs there are outhouses and change rooms and a covered seating area. Be prepared for a little rock scrambling. The Hot Springs mineral pools are nestled in a rocky shoreline, fed by a cascade of warm water running from the forest. Once you’ve clambered over the rocks, you’ve got your choice of several pools, that decrease in temperature the closer you get to the ocean. From the waterfall splashing into the pools, to the trees towering on cliffs all around, to the view of the ocean and wide, open sky above – it’s truly a special place. Make sure you manage to steal a few minutes to yourself in the pools, with nothing but the crash of the waves as company, you’ll feel like you are experiencing the springs in the best way possible. After some serious soaking, head back to the dock to catch your ride home. The return trip home is no ordinary boat ride. Often times wildlife can be seen, such as grey whales, killer whales, bald eagles, sea otters, sea lions and wolves along the coastal shores of Clayoquot Sound.
What you need to know:
- This exciting 6 hour Hot Springs Tour departs daily from Tofino on our heated 30' covered cabin cruiser.
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skippers to answer all your questions.
- Departure times are daily at 11:00. Summer Month (July + August): 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- We provide a Mustang Survival Inflatable PDF to wear on the vessel.
- This tour is not suitable for women who are pregnant and people with serious back or neck injury's. Please let us know of any conditions when you book your tour.
- There are 2 composting toilet facilities at the springs - one at dock and another at the Hot Springs.
- A change room is available and provides guests a dry place to leave your belongings.
- The Hot Springs Cove boardwalk can be slippery and wet so wear good footwear and be mindful of the boardwalk conditions.
- There are no stores or facilities to purchase items or food so please come prepared for a 6 hour Hot Springs Cove adventure.
- There is no garbage pick up at the park, anything you bring with you must be packed out with you.
- We collect a $3 per person BC Parks fee (children under 6 are free).
- Occasionally our Hot Springs Tours are operated aboard an open Boston Whaler vessel. You are provided with protective floatation suits, gloves and toques.
- The Hot Springs are naturally sulphurous, so expect a natural aroma.
- During winter high tides at Hot Springs Cove, we avoid times of high tides and high swells for your safety. Be advised that tours could be cancelled due to sea conditions.
What to bring on Hot Springs Cove Tour:
- Backpack for your gear
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Bathing suit
- Warm clothing - it can be chilly on the water, we suggest wearing layers
- There are no stores at Hot Springs Cove so pack a picnic lunch & water (no glass bottles please)
- A back pack for your belongings
- Good closed toe walking shoes for the Hot Springs boardwalk
- We like to wear Teva sandals or water shoes in the Hot Springs
- Your camera, video and binoculars.
- Please bring your rain gear if weather is wet, we can provide you a raincoat to use if you do not have one.
- A watch or timepiece so you can be back at the dock in time to meet your boat for the ride back to Tofino.
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- Check in time is 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office at 411 Campbell Street.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $1 will be added to each fare in support of Strawberry Isle Marine Reseach Society.
- We charge $3 per person BC Parks fee (children under 6 are free).
- Add 5% GST tax to all tours.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge (currently $6.00).
- Multi-tour discounts available.
- Group rates available for 6 or more.
- Online bookings must be made 24 hours in advance, if you would like to book a tour in the next 24 hours please call our office to book (250) 725-2132.
- When booking online you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of your booking.
- This tour has a 48 hour cancellation policy.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Parking is available on our property but if the lot is full here is some parking information.
We recommend advance reservations on all our tours. Call us 1.888.474.2288
Want to boat one way and take a float plane other way? Check out our Tofino Sea to Sky option.
NOTE: To make a reservation for your Sea to Sky Tour please contact our office directly as we must confirm your requested flight time with the airline. Need more information? Please call us 250-725-2132 or send us an email: email@example.com.