Hot Springs Tour
Float in nature's hot tub! Untouched geothermal hot springs are situated in the Maquinna Provincial Park, 27 nautical miles north of Tofino. Travel by boat to Hot Springs Cove or ask about our sea-to-sky trip. Once your at the springs, you can soak your worries away in the succession of pools, which cool down as they cascade toward the ocean. This tour includes soaking in the hot springs, walking through the rainforest, viewing wildlife and a scenic boat ride through Clayoquot Sound. This tour should be on your Tofino Must do List!
COVERED CABIN CRUISER
A 30 foot deluxe custom built covered cabin cruiser with extra wide padded seats, a heater, state of the art navigational equipment and an extra large stern viewing deck to spot wildlife.
OPEN BOSTON WHALER BOATS
Our open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels are excellent for viewing and photographing wildlife. With twin high horsepower engines you are ensured a safe and exhilarating ride through the waters off Tofino. The driver is located in the centre of the boat to ensure they can communicate with guests.
Adults - $125
Students/seniors - $115
Children - $89
Infants (0-3) - FREE
What you need to know
Our hot springs tours are offered year round (weather permitting). Most Hot Springs departures are scheduled aboard our cabin style vessel, but open Boston Whaler boats are available upon request.
Be prepared for some walking. The hot springs are accessed via a boardwalk that winds through some incredible forest for just under 2 km (1.2 mi). There are some stairs but the boards of the walkway are carved with the names of ships that have visited the park, making for an entertaining walk. And be prepared for a little rock scrambling. The hot spring mineral pools are nestled in a rocky shoreline, fed by a cascade of warm water running from the forest. Once you’ve clambered over the rocks, you’ve got your choice of several pools, that decrease in temperature the closer you get to the ocean. From the waterfall splashing into the pools, to the trees towering on cliffs all around, to the view of the ocean and wide, open sky above – it’s truly a special place. Make sure you manage to steal a few minutes to yourself in the pools, with nothing but the crash of the waves as company, you’ll feel like you are experiencing the springs in the best way possible. After some serious soaking, head back to the dock to catch your ride home. The return trip home is no ordinary boat ride. Often times wildlife can be seen, such as whales, bald eagles, sea otters and wolves along the shores.
What you need to know:
- This exciting 6 hour tour departs daily from Tofino on our heated 30' covered cabin cruiser.
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skippers to answer all your questions.
- Departure times are daily at 11:00. Summer Month (July + August): 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- We provide a Mustang Survival Inflatable PDF to wear on the vessel.
- This tour is not suitable for women who are pregnant and people with serious back or neck injury's. Please let us know of any conditions when you book your tour.
- There are 2 composting toilet facilities at the springs - one at dock and another at the Hot Springs.
- A change room is available and provides guests a dry place to leave your belongings.
- There are no stores or facilities to purchase items or food so please come prepared for a 6 hour adventure.
- There is no garbage pick up at the park, anything you bring with you must be packed out with you.
- We collect a $4 per person BC Parks fee (children under 6 are free).
- Occasionally our Hot Springs Tours are operated aboard an open Boston Whaler vessel. You are provided with protective floatation suits, gloves and toques.
What to bring:
- Backpack for your gear
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Bathing suit
- Warm clothing - it can be chilly on the water
- Pack a lunch & water (no glass bottles please)
- Good walking shoes for the boardwalk
- We like to wear Teva sandals or water shoes in the springs
- Your camera, video and binoculars.
- Rain gear if weather is wet, we can provide you a raincoat to use.
- A watch or timepiece so you can be back at the dock in time to meet your boat for the ride back to Tofino.
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- We ask guests to check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $1 will be added to each fare in support of Strawberry Isle Marine Reseach Society.
- Add 5% GST tax to all tours.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge (currently $4.76).
- Multi-tour discounts available.
- Group rates available for 6 or more.
- Online bookings must be made 24 hours in advance, if you would like to book a tour in the next 24 hours please call our office to book (250) 725-2132.
Reserve ahead for the busy summer months: Call us 1.888.474.2288
Hot Springs Cove Sea to Sky Tours - Boat one way and fly the other!
Enjoy the hot springs soak and a boat ride along the west coast battered coastline but depart or return on a sea plane and view this route from the air. The scenic flight from Tofino to Hot Springs Cove is approximately 15 minutes long and arrives/departs at the seaplane dock, 2 blocks from our Tofino office. Please note that since you are spending less time on the water, the Sea to Sky option can reduce your chances of seeing wildlife.
Hot Springs Soak Sea to Sky Rates
Adults - $195
Students/seniors - $195
Children - $179
Infants (0-3) - FREE
NOTE: To make a reservation for your Sea to Sky Tour please contact our office directly as we must confirm your requested flight time with the airline.
Prices do not include GST and fees.