TOFINO BEAR WATCHING TOURS
Join us on a Tofino Bear Watching Tour as we venture through calm, protected inlet waters of Clayoquot Sound in search of coastal Black Bears as they roam the shores in search of the Rock Crab and teach their young how to forage. You will also have opportunities on this tour to view an eagle aerie, harbour porpoises, seals, river otters, blue herons and other species of wildlife! Our Bear Watching Tours start in April as soon as the bears wake up from winter hibernation. Observe wildlife and black bears on shore from the comfort and safety of a boat. Your knowledgeable guide will share information about Black Bears and other inlet wildlife, including bald eagles, wolves, seals and more. Departing daily at low tide this tour leaves Tofino for prime Bear Watching spots up Tofino Inlet and Fortune Channel. Black Bears are seen feeding alone the shoreline for crabs and turning over rocks for fish. The Tofino Bear Watching Tour is recommended for everyone and especially those sailors who prefer flat and calm waters. The bear watching season winds down as the bears head up river to feast on salmon, usually sometime in October.
We GUARANTEE SIGHTINGS, read HERE for more on our policy.
Our open 12 passenger open Boston Whaler vessels are excellent for viewing and photographing wildlife. With twin high horsepower engines you are ensured a safe and exhilarating ride through the waters off Tofino. The driver is located in the centre of the boat to better communicate with guests. Tofino's Bear Watching season runs April to early October.
BEAR WATCHING RATES
Adults - $94
Students/seniors - $84
Children - $74
Infants (0-3) - FREE
This 2.5 hour tour leaves daily on the Low Tide. Please check with us to see what time we are departing on the day you would like to go see bears.
TOFINO BEAR WATCHING
What you need to know:
- Fully guided black bear watching and wildlife viewing tour (2.5 hours)
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skippers to answer all your questions.
- Departure times are based on low tides.
- We use open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels.
- You are provided with protective floatation suits, gloves and toques.
- The Tofino Bear Watching Tour is on calm and protected waters, recommended for everyone.
What to bring on a Bear Watching Tour:
- We recommend you dress warmly with layers: sweaters, long pants, closed toed shoes and maybe a windbreaker to wear under your Mustang Survival Suit.
- Bring your sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, video, binoculars and your sense of adventure!
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- Check in time for Bear Watching is 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office at 411 Campbell Street.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $1 will be added to each fare in support of Strawberry Isle Marine Reseach Society.
- Add 5% GST tax to all tours.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge (currently $5.00).
- Multi-tour discounts available.
- Group rates available for 6 or more.
- Online bookings must be made 24 hours in advance, if you would like to book a tour in the next 24 hours please call our office to book (250)725-2132.
- Prices are subject to change.
We recommend advance reservations on all our tours. Call 250-725-2132.