BEAR WATCHING TOURS
Join us as we venture through calm, protected inlet waters of Clayoquout Sound in search of Black Bears as they roam the shores in search of the Rock Crab and teach their young how to forage. You will also have opportunities on this tour to view an eagle aerie, harbour porpoises, seals, river otters, blue herons and other species of wildlife! Our Tofino Bear Watching Tours are offered in the spring as soon as the bears wake up from winter hibernation. The bear viewing season winds down as the bears head up river to feast on salmon, usually sometime in October. This tour is recommended for everyone and especially those sailors who prefer flat and calm waters.
Our open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels are excellent for viewing and photographing wildlife. With twin high horsepower engines you are ensured a safe and exhilarating ride through the waters off Tofino. The driver is located in the centre of the boat to better communicate with guests. This tour is available April to early October.
Adults - $94
Students/seniors - $84
Children - $74
Infants (0-3) - FREE
Departure Times: This 2.5 hour tour leaves daily on the low tide. Please check with us to see what time we are departing on the day you would like to go see bears.
What you need to know:
- Fully guided black bear watching and wildlife viewing tour (2.5 hours)
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skippers to answer all your questions.
- Departure times are based on low tides.
- We use open 12 passenger Boston Whaler vessels.
- You are provided with protective floatation suits, gloves and toques.
- This tour is in calm and protected waters, recommended for everyone.
What to bring:
- We recommend you dress warmly: sweaters, long pants, closed toed shoes and maybe a windbreaker to wear under your NEW Mustang Survival Suit.
- Bring your sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, video, binoculars and your sense of adventure!
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- We ask guests to check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $1 will be added to each fare in support of Strawberry Isle Marine Reseach Society.
- Add 5% GST tax to all tours.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge (currently $4.76).
- Multi-tour discounts available.
- Group rates available for 6 or more.
- Online bookings must be made 24 hours in advance, if you would like to book a tour in the next 24 hours please call our office to book (250)725-2132.